Friday, January 23, 2009

Cruise'n for a Bruis'n

We went on our first cruise and loved it.  Pauline had some medication that prevented her from getting sea sick, but she walked like a drunk sailor.  The ironic part is she got sea sick after getting home.  For some reason it feels like you are on a ship for a few days after you have been at sea for a while.

Here is Pauline haggling with the local St. Lucian.  On St. Maartin when Pauline tried to talk another sales person down, they didn't budge and Pauline gave in.  After ringing up our total, the sales person thanked her for being so kind and gave her a key chain.  I think what she meant was, you are a terrible haggler, here is a token because I just ripped you off.



Here is Pauline in her dreads.  I'm not sure if she makes a good Rasta chick.


Here is the main lobby area of our ship.  it was 9 decks tall and had 6 elevators.


This is the chick I picked up at the St. Maartin beach.


Our ship is the one on the left.

Here is the group we partied with.  Behind us is Megan's Bay on St. Thomas.  

Here's the Dancing Queen.  The girls had a blast without any kids!


Beautiful warm Barbados!  Just after we were swimming with the Turtles and fish!


Climb every mountain!  At sea that is...


Fore!  The rocking of the ship improved my game.


On the helipad at the bow of the ship.  Heading home.


Old downtown San Juan, Puerto Rico.  It reminded us of Disneyland in New Orleans Square.


San Juan, at some old fort.

The cruise greeted us with food.  Big surprise.  I think combined we put on 10+ pounds in 9 days.


Tarzan swinging through the Antiqua rain forest.

Jane, following ol' Tarzan's lead.

5 comments:

Teranne said...

Who are those kids? Parents of 3? no way! (:
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Did it feel like a second honeymoon? It looked like you enjoyed the "no kids" time. Loved the dreds...it's a new look for you. Loved the bartering story...lol I can't see Pauline being very good at, but it would have been fun to see her try. I'm glad you guys had so much fun.

Teranne said...

I love the new background... that's perfect (:

Lacey said...

That's awesome. I went on a cruise with my parents and Brittany and we had a blast. The only thing I really hated was all the tipping. You have to tip everyone!
Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to go again!

Holly said...

I didn't know you had a blog until I looked at my "followers"!! What a fun time you must have had! Damon and I went on a cruise this time last year, and think it's the PERFECT time to get away from all this white stuff!!! Glad you could get a little break from the kiddos!!! Tell Pauline hi! We really need to get together!!!

Janice said...

Oh my heck! What an awesome time! Show me more next time we're together!!!